Indianapolis Temple

Indianapolis Temple

Our Eventful Night

7/18/2009 07:33:00 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
Sometimes you just have to experience a night like tonight so that you can have something to laugh over later in life.

I was excited last week to purchase Popcorn Pops tickets at half price- only $6 per ticket! Only catch was I had to buy 4 at a time (kids 2 and under are free) so we invited our friends the Dschaaks to come along to the concert tonight. We arrived at CAS with some blue skies above us, a good sign or so we thought. We got up to the ticket takers and discovered that this was a Picnic with the Pops concert, not Popcorn Pops... I had somehow gotten my dates mixed up. I tried to exchange the tickets and just pay the difference but since they were discounted tickets the ticket people told me that wasn't possible. I walked back to our group, dejected and feeling rather foolish. We decided to just go to a park and have our picnic dinners but then one of the managers of the event said that they would just take our tickets and we could go to the concert. Yay!

Oh, were it that the tickets would be our only snaffoo in our lovely evening. But no. It started raining about 20 minutes into the picnic (the concert hadn't started yet) and it rained for a good half hour. Our blankets were soaked and so were my jeans. I managed to keep Vivi dry and Lara was pretty dry also. We decided to tough it out for the first part of the concert. Lara loved it! Reed had taken her up to see the instruments while they were tuning and she came back and told me all about them. During the concert she would clap her hands and ask for more after the piece was done. She was having such a fun time but it was rather chilly and since we were wet that just made it worse. I knew that I would be forever kicking myself if we didn't stay for at least one song in the second half since Aaron Neville was the guest artist. We stayed for the first 2 songs and then started to leave when he started playing the one song that I really, really wanted to hear! He had sung a duet with Linda Rondstadt called Don't Know Much that Reed and I like to sing together. I was happy that I at least got to hear that song. Even though really, I wasn't supposed to be at that concert at all.

We were all glad to get home and change into dry clothes and the girls were exhausted. Kudos to the Dschaaks for being good sports! They were so positive throughout the whole thing, we couldn't have picked a better family with which to have a potential horrible evening.

At least she's happy!

You can't really tell from this picture, but everything is soaked.

The Dschaaks, also with everything soaked.

The sun did come out for about 10 minutes at the very beginning of the concert.

5 comments:

Reed said...

Valerie, I love you! It was cold, wet, and the food got a bit soggy, but you're exactly right - we are going to laugh about this for years to come! I am grateful that despite the not so good stuff we had an enjoyable time.

Suki Lotti said...

I love pictures of Lara! But what, no Vivi?

Kimmi said...

I remember the days of hiding under tables. I wish it had rained here instead. The rain keeps missing us. And I'm insulted. The CSO rated a blog, but Grandma Flupe and the OU Summer band didn't. HMMP

(I'm not going to bother changing the current blog identity. But I'm confident you all can figure out who this is.)

Valerie said...

You're funny.

Valerie said...

I was holding Vivi, and that's why she wasn't in any of the pictures.