So, my family went to Disneyland when I was around 4 years old. We saw a 3-D movie there that starred Michael Jackson as a captain of some spacefaring vessel and there was singing and dancing and a storyline that I don't remember. I was very confused about how a person named Michael Jackson could look and sound so girly. Later on I remember driving in a van with my family to a park and listening to an audio cassette of Michael Jackson's album Bad. My favorite song was Man in the Mirror and even at a young age I listened to the lyrics and found them to be very powerful. That song continues to be my favorite MJ song of all time and it started a love of his music. My dad bought the HIStory CD set and I listened to it so much that when I went away to college he let me take it with me!
I don't really know why he turned all weird and psychotic but I'm sure he had a legitimate reason. Bottom line is that a piece of music history would have been lost if Michael Jackson had not been born. Where would artists like Justin Timberlake have gotten their inspiration? Who would have invented moonwalking? Where would the 20-minute long music video be? I'm sure my family will make fun of me for posting this :) I would like to go on record as saying that I didn't cry when I heard the news, I'm not that crazy.
In tribute, here is my favorite song being performed at the 1988 Grammy's, complete with gospel choir.
Q: What do you like to do with your daddy?
A: Daddy tickles.
Q: What books do you like to read with Daddy?
A: Thomas the train! (Which is actually the Little Engine that Could but she thinks that all engines are Thomas right now).
Q: What songs do you like to sing with Daddy?
A: ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Up and Down.
Q: Do you love Daddy?
A: *giggles and smiles really big*
Since Father's Day is tomorrow, my product post comes with a big thanks to Reed for doing 95% of the dish-washing in our home. Diamond Brite is a dishwasher detergent that does not contain any phosphates. Phosphates can cause a lot of damage to our earth's water ways so it's great to feel that we're helping save the environment by washing our dishes :) Dishwasher detergent is also one of the most common household cleaners to be ingested by small children. The ammonia and other chemicals in regular detergent can severely burn the throat if swallowed! Diamond Brite doesn't contain any harsh chemicals that can harm small children, so I can breathe easy when Lara wants to help load the dish washer.
Happy 4th Anniversary! It's been 4 years since we've been married, 5 years since we've seen each other every weekend, and approximately 11 years since we first met. So here is a list of things that I am glad for today-
1. I'm glad that you went on a mission. Without it I would never have been interested in you.
2. I'm glad that we wrote while you were on your mission. I love looking through them now and laughing! Remember your April Fool's Day joke?
3. I'm glad that I promised you a date and I'm glad that I reminded you of that date during Zion's Camp.
4. I'm glad that you were jealous when Aaron Lewis hugged me at the Institute dinner. You should have been jealous! You wanted a handshake instead!
5. I'm glad that we waited a year to get married. It was hard but in the long run it has made us stronger people.
6. I'm glad that I knew you as a friend before I liked you. I remember talking with you about Linkin Park among other random things. You might have been too quiet for me but you were a really nice guy.
7. I'm glad that you were willing to drive me and the gang around :) I remember us all getting lost on my 17th birthday when we were going to the skating rink!
8. I'm glad that you are a wonderful father. Lara adores you and Vivi just breaks out into smiles whenever you come into the room!
9. I'm glad that Heavenly Father blessed me with you in my life and that we are married for time and all eternity in the temple. Love you!
1. Vivi sleeps in her crib for all of her naps and for most of the night. Now if only I could get her to sleep without being swaddled...
Lara looking at the parrots and yelling at them to say hi
Reed, Lara, Ben (friend of Angie), Angie (high school friend of Reed), and Sydney on the North America Train
4. Tried out the water play area at Ballantrae Park. Also known as the Dancing Bunnies fountain. Lara loved it so much we went twice.
5. Read one more Shannon Hale novel. It's the second book in the Bayern series (after The Goose Girl) and much darker but still enjoyable.
6. Oh, and we cleaned the bathroom.
Today is Tuesday and so far I have-
1. Gotten my butt kicked by yoga.
2. Read this book...And this book...both of which I highly recommend.
3. Did dishes. Ick.
4. Went to the pool and was very glad that I invested in one of these...5. Paid another $300 so that Murphy would stop peeing all over our living room.
6. Napped when miraculously both girls were asleep at the same time. Yay!
Items on my to do list-
1. Potty-train Lara.
2. Switch Vivi to the crib.
3. Go to the zoo.
4. Go back to the pool.
5. Show yoga who's boss.
6. Make more money so that the vet bills won't kill us. (Thanks to Melaleuca for giving us that opportunity).
My product of the week is inspired by my UPS rant from a few days ago. Because of our wonderful UPS delivery man I have been without my prenatal vitamins for a whole month. I have certainly felt a marked difference in my energy and all-around vitality. I have felt more tired and exhausted lately and not just because of Vivi and Lara. I don't have as much energy in a day as I used to. Let me tell you, I'm looking forward to receiving this month's order so I can start taking my vitamins again? Melaleuca's vitamins work so well because of a patent-pending process called Oligofructose compounding. To learn more about the process, visit www.melaleuca.com. Basically, Melaleuca's vitamins dissolve better in the digestive tract so that our bodies can absorb the nutrients and minerals more easily and efficiently. And nobody else's vitamins can say that! Other brands of vitamins can actually rob your body of the nutrients that they're supposedly supposed to give you. So hurray for Oligofructose compounding!