Indianapolis Temple

Indianapolis Temple

Days 7-9

5/14/2013 06:57:00 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Day 7- Mother's Day
  1. Breakfast- Energy Shake from day 5
    1. The girls were excited to make me breakfast in bed :)
  2. Lunch- remainder of Energy Shake
    1. OK.  And a piece of cheesecake and a piece of pizza.  The priesthood brethren treated the women in the ward to an after church luncheon and I couldn't resist!
  3. Dinner-  Chicken Cordon Bleu
    1. So Mother's Day was not a wonderful day for sticking with my cleanse.  The food was gooooooooood though.  I definitely felt it the next day.  I felt different- sluggish, a bit bloated, I had to really knuckle down and drink my smoothie.
Day 8
  1. Breakfast- Mango and Coconut Smoothie
  2. Lunch- Leftover Halibut
  3. Dinner-  Pineapple, Lime, and Fresh Mint
    1. I am lucky to have a chocolate mint plant growing in my backyard and I have been using it a LOT for this cleanse.  I'm not sure if the pineapple came out slushy from the juicer because that's how pineapple usually is or if it was because Reed had accidentally stuck it in the freezer.  Instead of a juice it was more like a slushy.
Day 9
  1. Breakfast- Fennel and Apple Juice
    1. I've had fennel seed before but not the actual veggie.  This juice was awesome!  I will definitely be making this again.  The green apples gave the sour and the fennel balanced it out with a licoricy sweetness.  I only used the head of the fennel for the juice- the bulbs I saved for a chicken dinner that everybody else ate tonight and I will eat on Thursday for lunch.
  2. Lunch- Leftover stir-fry with buckwheat noodles
  3. Dinner- Zucchini Basil soup
    1. I am loving my onion chopper these days.  It makes creating these soups a cinch.  I diced the zuchinni, onion, and celery using this.  Voila, soup in 5 minutes.

0 comments: