Indianapolis Temple

Indianapolis Temple

Day 5-6

5/11/2013 06:47:00 PM Edit This 1 Comment »

  1. Day 5
    1. Breakfast- Energy Shake with tahini, cardamom, and frozen peaches
      1. Probably my favorite shake so far.  You can substitute almond butter for the tahini.
    2. Lunch- Chicken with Stir-Fry Veggies and Buckwheat Noodles
      1. I found out that the juicer I'm using is also a pasta maker!  So instead of buying buckwheat noodles I made them.  Very easy.  Kids did not like them.  I think they are delicious!
    3. Dinner- Spinach and Avocado Soup
      1. The spinach and avocado soup is pureed with coconut milk.  It makes a very creamy soup with a little sweetness.  I would make it again.

  1. Day 6
    1. Breakfast- Mango and Coconut smoothie with pineapple
      1. I am a judge at the State Science Day held at OSU and they always serve us these delicious donuts, fresh made.  Oh my.  Anyways, I knew I was going to be tempted to eat one so I made sure to drink 2 servings of this so I would be full.  It really helped.  I still ate a little of a donut. It was so good.
    2. Lunch- Halibut with zucchini and olives
      1. I had this recipe on my meal list a few days ago and then I found out Meijer's doesn't carry halibut.  Then we went to Whole Foods and, lo and behold, they had a fresh shipment of halibut!  Whoa, expeeeeeeeennnnnnssssiiiiiiiiiivvvvveeeeee.  Totally worth it though.  This halibut is cooked in parchment paper with the zucchini and olives, with lemons and some herbs.  So goooooooooood.
    3. Dinner- Leftover Spinach and Avocado Soup

I have lost 6 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!  I told Reed that I don't feel hungry with my liquid meals, I feel just fine. So that's not the hard part.  The hard part is NOT eating ice cream and pizza.  I have decided to keep going and do the full 3 weeks.  Here I go!

1 comments:

Marly C said...

I never felt hungry while doing it too. Yay for doing the whole 3 weeks!