Indianapolis Temple

Indianapolis Temple

Avatar Musings

1/26/2010 06:08:00 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
We went to Avatar last week and I absolutely loved it. Possibly the best movie I've seen since the new Star Trek. Here are a few reasons why I liked it.

1. It was beautiful. My favorite color is blue so I loved watching a world full of blue and purple hues. Loved the plants that collapsed when touched and all the ground cover that glowed if you walked on it. Even the weird black creatures were strangely beautiful.

2. I am really into Native Americans. When I was an adolescent my girl scout troop went to see the outdoor drama "Tecumseh" and we also went behind the scenes. For years afterwards I would read everything I could get my hands on about Native Americans. Tecumseh continues to be one of my heroes. Avatar definitely had Native American influence, albeit some of the romanticized ideals but Native American nonetheless. I loved the Tecumseh-like story when Jake Sully united the clans. *tear*.

3. I love good special effects. "Nuff said.

So, another movie that I need on DVD. Special Edition, of course.

0 comments: