Lara's birthday was a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to posting about it. Bad Mommy.
Lara asked for a pink dinosaur cake and, thanks to Pinterest, I found an easy template. I'm not sure why she wanted a pink dinosaur but, hey, it's better than Dora. :)
We ended up moving her party to our church because there were so many family members coming. We loved having everyone there and the cousins enjoyed playing together.
Reed and I thought long and hard about what to give Lara for her birthday. We finally settled on a journal because she loooooooves writing.
Since she is 5, here are 5 facts about Lara.
1. She is smart. No, I'm not just being a proud mother. She is super smart. She loves reading, writing, math, and social studies. Where did she get those studious genes?
2. She is artistic. She definitely draws better than I do. Must have got that from Reed.
3. Lara is a wonderful big sister to Vivi and Mariella. She enjoys pretend-playing with Vivi and has changed diapers on Mariella. Such a big help!
4. Lara is a musical genius. OK, I might be exaggerating that a little bit :). But she does have a good ear for melody and rhythm. It is a very common occurrence at our house for Lara to pull out her guitar and lead us in her own Music Together class. She has already said that she wants to be a music teacher
when she grows up.
5. Lara may be quiet but she is a good friend. I have seen her hug a new girl in her church class to help the girl feel welcome in her new class. She often tries to comfort Vivi when upset, hence the two of them sleeping on the same bed for over a month now. She has such a loving heart and is a great blessing in our lives.
I can't believe that it's been 5 years. We're looking forward to seeing how she grows!