Indianapolis Temple

Indianapolis Temple

Lara is 3!

2/22/2010 06:30:00 PM Edit This 3 Comments »

3 years ago Lara joined our family and we celebrated by going to the Princess and the Frog in the dollar theater. She had a lot of fun with her friend, Alaina, and all the aunts and uncles. I can't believe that my baby girl is now 3 and will be attending preschool in the summer! She has grown so much and it's wonderful to see her develop talents. Lara is very gifted musically, and I'm not just saying that because she's my daughter. She can sing in tune, in different tonalities, and in different meters and she does it ALL the time.

She is also a budding artist which she gets from her daddy. I can't draw. Anyways, she recently received a compliment by one of the art teachers at school, saying that she could trace and paint better than some of her older peers. She also can "write" her name on lined paper, staying in the lines!

Lara is always giving us some cute quotes and making us laugh. Here are a few...

Lara: Mommy, I want to change babies.
Me: What do you mean?
Pointing to cousin Kaelyn (2 months), Lara: I want that one.

Pulling out my debit card: Just what I need!

After wrestling with her Uncle Jared: I want to see my daddy.
Uncle Jared: Why would you want that?
Lara: Because... I really like him!

Me: Lara, are you tired? If you're not, you need to take your thumb out of your mouth.
Lara: OK, I'm going to suck my finger instead.

We love you, Lara!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. I can't believe she's 3 already. Happy birthday Lara!

Marly C said...

Happy Birthday Laura! I love the quotes:-)

Anonymous said...

Aww! Happy Birthday Lara!